Wednesday, 16 August 2017

Its time to get out of your comfort zone and be amazing

Realise you hold the power you need to go to next level

The mental strength you need 


As I have said before, aerial silk is just as mental as it is physical. I have been postponing the aerial silk drops for long enough and now I am ready to just do it. Aerial silk drops are what make the performance a wow factor. I don't want to just stop at a level I am more than comfortable with, I want to go to the next level and do the drops.

Don't let fear win before you even begin


After a couple of freak out moments up high, facing upside down, head first into the mat, I told my trainer, "I don't want to do this," but I really did. It was just in that position, up high, is quite scary, especially when you don't know what to expect.

In my third attempt, I nearly didn't even attempt it. But my friend encouraged me to just do it and I have been putting it off for weeks. So I did.

What happens when you let go of fear


And it felt great. It reminds me that I am in control when I am doing silks. I hold the control. But apart of me has to let go of the fears. The fears are what is temporarily stopping me from being great.

So whatever mental block you are facing, makes sure the people in your a sidelines are those you trust and support you. Make sure you believe in yourself and make sure you give it a go.

"Don't settle for comfortable, settle for amazing." 

Below is a video of my third attempt of my aerial silk drop:



No comments:

Post a Comment